Nail breakage is a common problem that can occur during a manicure. There are several ways to deal with it, depending on the cause.
In this article, we will discuss some of the most common causes of nail breakage and how to prevent them.
- Over-manicuring – This is one of the most common causes of nail breakage. When you over-manicure your nails, you weaken them and make them more susceptible to breaking. Try to limit your manicure and make sure you are only using the finest products such as a DND nail polish set to get your manicure done.
- Using incorrect tools – When you use incorrect tools, such as a sharp nail file, you can damage your nails and make them more prone to breaking. Make sure to use a file that is specifically designed for nails and is rounded at the end.
- Filing your nails in the wrong direction – Filing your nails in the wrong direction can also cause damage and breakage. Make sure to file your nails in a downward motion, from the base of the nail towards the tip.
- Applying too much pressure – Applying too much pressure when filing or painting your nails can also cause them to break. Be gentle when working on your nails, and take your time to avoid applying too much pressure.
- Not trimming your nails regularly – Trimming your nails regularly is important to prevent them from breaking. When you trim your nails, make sure to use sharp nail scissors or clippers, and cut them straight across. Avoid cutting them too short, as this can also lead to breakage.
- Keep your nails trimmed and filed
- Avoid biting or chewing on your nails
- Don’t use your nails as a tool to pick things open
- Use good quality products such as DND, as mentioned earlier. Along with that, another popular choice is Lavis gel & lacquer for your manicure to further reduce the risk of nail breakage.
- Be careful when using strong chemicals, such as nail polish remover
- Give yourself a break every now and then, and go natural!
- Regularly moisturize your nails and cuticles
- See a dermatologist or podiatrist if you have persistent problems with breaking nails
If you follow these tips, you should be able to avoid most problems with breaking nails. However, if you do find yourself with a broken nail, don’t panic! There are a few things you can do to fix it.
Which Nail Products are the Best to Prevent Nail Breakage?
There are a few different types of nail products that can help to prevent nail breakage. These include:
Nail strengthened white: These are typically clear or polishes that contain ingredients like formaldehyde or keratin, which can help to make nails stronger and less likely to break.
Nail hardeners: These are usually clear polishes that contain ingredients like calcium or other minerals, which increases the durability of your nails.
Nail wraps: These are fabric or paper strips that you wrap around your nails, and they can help to protect them from breaking.
Nail tips: These are fake nails that you can glue on top of your own, and they can be helpful to prevent the problem of nail breakage.
Nail breakage is a common problem that can occur during any stage of the manicure process. In this article, we’ve outlined causes and tips to help you avoid nail breakage and maintain strong nails throughout your next manicure. Follow these tips and you should be able to enjoy a long-lasting, chip-free manicure without any broken nails!